Yates Group commenced business in 2007 with the sole purpose of helping SME business owners improve their profitability and cashflow results. Seeing our clients achieve consistent improvements in their results each year and making progress toward their ultimate long term vision gives us a huge thrill.
Business success is something we are passionate about and we believe external advisors like us as accountants (and others in areas like marketing for example) have an incredibly important role in guiding business owners toward their long term goals.
Darren Yates was shocked when he entered the accounting profession in 1996 to see that the vast majority of accountants were looking at historical figures and processing tax returns! Darren’s strong belief is that accountants have a much greater responsibility to the business community than just doing tax returns and what accountants really need to mostly be doing is helping business owners create a better future by understanding their numbers.
Having a positive influence on business owners future life is also much more fun work to be doing than processing tax returns!
We are different to other accountants in many many ways such as:
- We meet with our clients every month (at least) to keep them up to date with their business financial performance
- We meet at the client premises to be able to understand the business better and also to reduce time impact on our client
- We provide fixed fees agreed with our client in advance, we do not believe time is a good measure of value
- We do not delegate the relationship to a “junior accountant”. We have ultimate respect for our clients and place an incredibly high value on the human connection that is built
- We provide insights that show business owners how they can make much more money in business
- We provide clients with constantly updated set of prioritised actions so they know the key tasks they need to be working on to improve their results
- We allow our clients to manage their business and make decisions based on quality information (not on guesses)
- We drive the agenda with our clients, we do not sit back and wait for them to contact us.